This came up in my google alerts today, and applying Drools to computer games is something I’ve always wanted to see happen 🙂 If anyone gets the contract, you can be sure the Drools team will be available to you for direct free mentoring – actually I insist on it 🙂
Do you love to play Magic The Gathering? (Renton, WA)
Date: 2009-08-06, 4:44PM PDT
Reply to: email@example.com [Errors when replying to ads?]
Do you love to play Magic The Gathering and have experience with technology?
We are looking for a consultant to provide an initial assessment of the applicability of rules and constraint based programming to the on-line version of the game Magic: The Gathering.
The initial engagement is for one to two weeks and the bulk of the work can be done remotely with flexible hours.
Mandatory qualifications are as follows:
1. At least 3 years of Magic: The Gathering play experience.
2. Active user of Magic: The Gathering Online
3. A Pro Tour Level Player or certified Magic Judge
4. At least 3 years of rule based programming experience in at least two of the following tools:
a)Eclipse Rules/ Oracle Policy Automation
5. A theoretical understanding of the Rete algorithm and other rule processing optimizations
6. Experience with all of the following:
a)Natural or domain language rule expression
b)Programming language rule expression
c)Visual rule editing and diagramming
Most of the work can be done remotely, however some on-site meetings will be required. Estimate of 20-80 hours of total work over two weeks, could be an on-going need if you like the work
If you are interested in applying, please send me your current word.doc resume and let me know a good time to give you a call.
* Location: Renton, WA
* Compensation: Competitive
* Telecommuting is ok.
* This is a part-time job.
* This is a contract job.
* Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
* Please, no phone calls about this job!
* Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.