Software Engineer IV
Cisco Systems, San Jose, CA
STS (Services Technology Solutions) as part of Customer Advocacy is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to lead s/w development for Cisco Knowledge Management and Service Automation products/tools. These products/tools are strategic foundational applications architected and developed in Java, J2EE, XML, Cisco Networking and Open Source technologies.
We are looking for strong technical leader with deep and wide technical experience, clear oral and written communicator, clear and a logical thinker who is able to break problems into solvable pieces quickly. You will be involved in evolving Industry standards on Information Modeling and Knowledge Management technologies.
Software Engineer IV position requires following core skills:
* Strong background in systems Architecture, Design and Implementation using J2EE. In this role, you will exhibit superior technical leadership and acts as single point of contact for project team, and be seen as a technology expert by development, QA, support or external organizations with in and outside Cisco.
* Knowledge of Canonical Models & XML schema
* Demonstration of a high degree of originality and innovation in defining product architecture and module design.
* Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture concepts and Software Modularity
* Development experience to develop large portions of software independently and rapidly.
* Drive for cross-functional development and quality focus working with other project development teams in Engineering team or across Cisco.
* Demonstration of leadership in mentoring junior team members.
* Participation in technical communities with in and outside Cisco is desired.
* Knowledge of Network Management & Enterprise Management tools is considered a plus.
Typically requires MSEE/CS combined with 5-7 years of related experience, or BSEE/CS combined with 7-10+ yrs related experience.
*** This position is based in San Jose, CA ***