We’ve been talking about it for a while now, and working on it even longer, but we believe the time has come to just get the jBPM5 code out there and start asking for community feedback and assistance.
The current jBPM5 snapshot offers open-source business process execution and management, including
- an embeddable, light-weight process engine in Java, supporting native BPMN2 execution
- BPMN2 process modeling, both in Eclipse (developers) and web-based (business users)
- process collaboration, monitoring and management through the Guvnor repository and the management consoles
- human interaction using an independent WS-HT human task service
- strong and powerful integration with business rules and event processing
So where to start looking?
For those that want to get their hands on the source code:
Documentation (which is still under heavy construction but will be extended significantly in the next few weeks) can be found here.
And you can always download the latest snapshot binaries, sources, the gwt-console, documentation and an installer here: