We’re happy to announce the release of Drools (Expert, Fusion, Planner, Guvnor) 5.4.0.Beta1.
Beta1 finally introduces the simulation and testing work that we’ve been talking about for so long. This will provide a unified environment for simulation and testing over time for rules, workflow and event processing. Beta1 also demonstrates our continued effort to fully commodotise the decison table paradigm, using the excellent research provided by Jan Vanthienen’s Prologa project, some high lights for the decision table improvements are listed below.
- Limited and Extended entry wizards
- Automatic decision table generation to expanded form
- Improved rule templating flexibility
- Work Item integration (declarative lazy environment bound functions)
- Impossible Match detection
- Conflict Match detection
Documtation, Release Notes and Downloads are detailed below:
- Download the zips from the bottom of the drools download page.
- To try out the examples, just unzip one and run a runExamples.sh/.bat script.
- See the JBoss Maven repository for a list of all released artifacts.
- It will be synced to Maven Central automatically in a couple of hours.
- Read the new and noteworthy changes here.