Michael has been working on lienzo-grid, as the basis for our next generation decision tables – so it can support multiple interconnected tables on a page.
I’m working with Lienzo so that it can form the basis of our next generation designer. I wanted to make sure that we had a high quality core, in how users interact with shapes and connectors. I’ve just done a small demo, to show progress.
- Real time alignment and distribution of shapes
- Orthogonal line support with heuristics for minimising joins, and real time drawing. With easy add/remove of points, as well as avoiding ugly layouts:
- Corners should be nicely rounded, default canvas joins is not enough.
- Lines should not go back on themselves.
- When connected lines should go away from the shape.
- Corner connections can be in one of two directions, select the one that gives the least corners.
- Magnets should be auto determined by analysing the path, currently supports any SVG path of lines and arcs. So things like lightning bolts, or human outline shapes can be used.