From a feature point of view, we have included a series of new features and bug fixes, including:
- You can now define Serverless Workflow custom type operations using addons. See the example here.
- Binary cloud event format is supported for any SmallRye connector which outputs CloudEvent Metadata (which includes HTTP and Kafka)
- Metadata is no longer supported to define custom type serverless workflow functions. You should use type custom and operation prefix, as per specification.
- HTTP listener on path / for cloud event consumption has been removed. You need to explicitly add http connector configuration to your project
- To fix the failing application, you should add these two lines to application.properties mp.messaging.incoming.kogito_incoming_stream.connector=quarkus-http
- As a consequence of this change, you can no longer consume CloudEvents both for http or kafka over the same SmallRye channel.
For more details head to the complete release notes.
All artifacts are available now:
- Kogito runtime artifacts are available on Maven Central.
- Kogito examples can be found here.
- Kogito images are available on Quay.io.
- Kogito operator is available in the OperatorHub in OpenShift and Kubernetes.
- Kogito tooling 0.23.0 artifacts are available at the Visual Studio Marketplace.
A detailed changelog for 1.28.0 can be found in Atlassian Jira.
New to Kogito? Check out our website https://kogito.kie.org. Click the "Get Started" button.